Monday, February 13, 2012

The adventure of the Spencer

        Well I (Spencer), finally decided to dive into the whole blogging experience with a renewed attempt to both increase my writing ability, which has not see any daylight since my life has been consumed by chemistry, biology, and physiology classes, and to hopefully allow some of my fellow peeps and peepettes to see a side of me that they have never seen before. By that I mean to make a stamp on the Internet world that never is seen on Facebook, Twitter, or any of that crap that is consumed by many.   I, on the other hand, previously consumed things that were more worth my time such as video games and video games.  Yeah that's about it, exciting right?  With a recent pact with my inner soul to give up a few of my internal cravings for a controller and some Modern Warfare, I've decided to entreat our blog with a place that I can freely write what is currently on my mind for all of you to read.  I wouldn't say that my writings will entertain you or even bring you closer to what I think about each day, but rather I have always loved to write and haven't found a place to put them.

       'Nuff said about that.  Mary currently is sitting in her usual position on the couch with a blanket wrapped around her a dozen or so times and a laptop that has a dual setup of Facebook/work.   Nine times out of ten, I am sitting right next to her watching an episode of pretty much anything.  Many of you probably know that Mary and I are a little bit on the TV junkie side of the couch, but who can blame you when there are so many awesome shows to watch.  Currently I decided to pick up where I left off on the 24 series because before my mission I only got through season four.  Since the beginning of my binge of 24, I have come to realize how much I hate President Logan.  I mean talk about the worst President ever.  (spoiler!) Why did they have to kill of President Palmer and keep Logan around.  Honestly, if the all-state guy ran for President right now, I'd vote for him.  After going cold turkey with video games, who wouldn't replace Modern Warfare with 24. Talk about replacing fire with fire.

       I guess I won't talk about the dozens of shows that I am absolutely loving this season, but instead I'll turn my attention to more real events that our going on in our overly exciting time of our lives.  On the note of Valentines day, we decided to take advantage of our gift cards. Free dinner and movie, thank you very much!  Of course I have a little surprise for Mary, but it's nothing too special.  I think this Valentines day was pretty memorable just because of what Mary just barely did only thirty minutes ago.  Mary had just gotten home from an interview for the Education Law Journal board for next year.  I was in study trying to find some stuff for school and an electrician was in our kitchen fixing a couple outlets.  Well. she didn't know that he was in there and I hear her walk into the kitchen and say to who she thought was ME, "Happy Valentines Day!" in her typical goofy voice. I can only imagine her shock when she realized she just said that to a complete stranger!  I walk out in the hall and she is almost falling over laughing as she tries to explain how the electrician had looked at her like she was a crazy person when she had said that to him.  I had to go over and say sorry about my crazy wife to him so he wouldn't feel as awkward anymore.

        Many of you probably know about the fun project going on in our basement.  Total destruction. Anyway, part of this project involves putting some new electrical in our kitchen, hence the electrician tonight.  Anyway for the past hour and a half, our power has gone on and off in our living room and finally the whole house went dark.  Some not so very nice words flew out of the electricians mouth as I heard a nice pop go off as it went dark.  About five minutes later, light finally came back on and a few more choice words erupted from the kitchen.  Man do I love construction!  I think a lot of it had to do with the already faulty electrical that is all over this house.  I love my plaster walls and moldy pipes!

       With so many great things to talk about in exciting lives, I have to stop typing eventually and get back to more important things like homework with a mix of Alcatraz.  I love that show.  Anyway, many of you probably know that I am trying to get into dental school and recently learned about the Navy/Army scholarship program that allows you to to go to dental school with all expenses paid.  The drawback is that you have to serve in the Army/Navy for the amount of years that you are in dental school.  If anyone who actually reads this knows someone who has done this let me know what they thought of their experience it would be nice to know.

     That's all I have to add in the first adventure of the Spencer...signing off.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous13.2.12

    Spence-excellent post...I hope that there are many more to follow! Keep me updated on your video game status in the future. Even though I don't play now, it doesn't mean there isn't room for it in the future. Anyway, back to the reason that I originally came to post a comment, I know a guy named Rad Robbins who went through the exact dental program you just described and is now paying his dues to the Army. Don't be such a stranger and shoot me a text, I'll be able to get you his information. If you ever have time to hang with me let me know buddy!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete