Friday, July 8, 2011

the adventure of the pranking husband

I’m sitting and reading on my bed and all of a sudden I hear the door slam shut! Fear ripples through my body as I think to myself that Spencer isn’t supposed to be home for another hour! I yell out, Spence?? No answer. What do I do? I just sit in my bed, trying to figure out how I am going to get out of the house or who to call for help  (is it just 9-1-1- or do I have to dial 801 first…yes a very blonde moment but hey, I was fearing for my life!)

A few minutes later, one of my shoes is thrown from an unknown source and crashes into my door. I let out a tiny scream! Ok..He knows I’m here so I yell, “Who’s there?!” I repeat this for about a minute straight. No one answers and I think to myself I better get out of the house asap! I hold my phone in my hand with 911 dialed, thumb on the send key. Then I run into the study searching frantically for some kind of protection. I find the best thing I see…a Swiffer… So here I am, a twenty three year-old with a Swiffer in one had and a cell phone in the other, ready for flight or fight. I’m hoping the flight aspect of my plan works because I’m not sure a Swiffer will really be that much help in a fight. I use my best CIA skills to check around the doors for the intruder, see it is free and make a run for it.
I get to the street and decide to call Spence. When lo and behold..SPENCER comes walking out the door, laughing.

I can look back and laugh now, but let’s just say, the adventures of the pranking husband will be somewhat limited in the future.

3 comments:

  1. You just have to get him back....really GOOD! And I'll be happy to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best story ever! hahaha love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! I've only met you once. Spence's cousin... Anyways, I'm glad you joined the blogging world. Your comments are certainly entertaining and well written. Unlike me and my blog, I use lots of photos to disguise my writing. Look forward to talking more with you at the reunioun coming up...
    Mindi Bevan Blake
    Ps if you wanna look at my blog feel free.
    mindianddavid.blogspot.com

    9.7.11

    ReplyDelete