Friday, July 8, 2011

the adventure of the possessed phone

Isn’t it amazing how attached we get to our phones? This past week I forgot my charger at the in-laws and was without it for 4 whole entire days! Sometimes during this past week I would even feel phantom buzzing and hear vibrations that weren’t there. I felt completely cut off from the humanity.
Finally, Thursday night came and I was going to get my charger. I was ecstatic as I plugged it in, waiting for that Verizon symbol to show its happy face. Much to my dismay, a water-logged cell phone screen greeted my anxious face.
Not only was it water-logged but the phone was possessed! As much as I tried, the phone would not obey. It was dialing random numbers, making its own voice recordings and refusing all of my attempts to power it off. To make matters worse, I could see those 9 text messages waiting for me like little presents on Christmas morning. Sadly, they will probably forever remain unwrapped. Mrs. Free Phone is no more. Thankfully, my mother in-law just happened to have a phone I can use, so soon, very soon, I shall once again reunite with the world!



2 comments:

  1. Haha I have been getting so bothered that you hadn't texted me back and now it makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! So glad you started it! We have one too...daveandjessnelson.blogspot.com. Love all of your "adventures". Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete